How to ace that interview?
The stakes are high for PR practitioners as you are expected to conduct yourselves at the highest level of performance in both verbal and non-verbal communications. Here are some essentials from preparation to presentation.
- An authentic resume that you know by heart
- Do your homework and know your hirer
- Dress smart and to suit (respect) the audience you are seeing
The Meet (virtual or in-person)
- Good eye contact at all times
- Say only what you know
- Speak clearly
- Ask good questions
- Ask for only water (if offered a drink)
- Thank the interviewers and email them after
- Walk confidently as you turn to exit
- Smile as you click "Leave Meeting"
- Clear the premises (virtual room) before your relax
Regardless of outcome, every interviewer you meet is a contact.