Intern - PR Communications
The appointed intern will get to experience life at a PR Agency and the daily tasks that are executed by the team. The intern that joins us does not necessarily need to have any relevant experience as we will provide training on the job.
- English language fluency: the candidate should ideally have excellent written and spoken English.
- Copywriting skills: as an intern, you should be hot on spelling, grammar and proofreading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copies.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent telephone manners: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working with tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Resilience: You need to be ballsy enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection.
- Passion: last but certainly not least, passion to learn is what we are looking for. You will receive all the support you need and we hope to have the same in return for you to have an enjoyable and fruitful internship.
- Renumeration can be discussed once the selected intern has been appointed.
For all interested parties, please send you resume and a short introduction of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org